Agreements with the region
In May 2009, prior to the completion of the work, Zignago Power signed an
agreement with the Town Council of Fossalta di Portogruaro, which commits the Company to:
- establish an observation group consisting of a councillor chosen directly by the Council and three citizens appointed directly by the assemblies of the districts of Villanova Santa Margherita, Villanova Sant’ Antonio and Stiago. It is possible, at any time, for them to visit the Zignago Power plant, in order to ensure maximum transparency of its activities and to allow the City to monitor its conduct;
- create a forest adjacent to the plant, in the property of Zignago Power, which operates environmental mitigation;
- transfer the movement of heavy vehicles, intended for group companies, to the area north of the industrial site. The project involves the relocation of the weighbridge and the enlargement of Via Manzoni. This will prevent the transit of industrial traffic through the centre of Villanova Santa Margherita;
- build a bike path along Via Stucky, Via Matteotti and Via Ita Marzotto, to allow pedestrians and cyclists a safe crossing of the road linking the villages of Villanova Sant’ Antonio and Villanova Santa. Margherita;
- the provision of an annual financial contribution to the Town for the construction of a district heating plant or other measures with an environmental focus.
Zignago Power also generates many service industries which are important for the area, with the cooperation of more than three hundred companies located between the provinces of Venice, Pordenone, Udine and Treviso. To date Zignago Power has fulfilled its commitments.